Behavioral Health Hospitals Infection Prevention Plan
ICCS provides a comprehensive, customized Infection Prevention Plan for inpatient Behavioral Health Hospitals in accordance with standards and requirements from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), individual state mandates and various accreditation organizations, including, but not limited to, The Joint Commission and Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP).
The ICCS Plan includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Role of the infection preventionist
- Role of the infection prevention committee
- Risk assessment (separate attachment specific to your facility's goals and strategies)
- Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI)
- Employee health
- CMS core measures
- Surveillance for healthcare-associated infections
- Reporting of communicable diseases
- Management of patients with multidrug-resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Safe injection practices
- Environmental cleaning
- Resources, including competencies
To learn more about the ICCS comprehensive Behavioral Health Hospitals Infection Prevention Plan, contact us today.