Phenelle Segal, RN, CIC, FAPIC, Infection Control Consulting Services (ICCS) Founder and President, has contributed a column on surface disinfection to Outpatient Surgery Magazine.
The column is titled "A Deep Dive Into Surface Disinfection."
In the piece, Ms. Segal shares 10 questions she asks staff members responsible for room turnover during onsite visits to client surgical facilities. These questions include the following:
- What is the dwell/wet/kill time of the product you're using to disinfect surfaces?
- If a surface hasn't been used in the OR, should you disinfect it during room turnover?
- Does whole room disinfection replace traditional cleaning and disinfection?
- Do you monitor room turnover cleaning with checklists?
- How do you verify that a room is clean?
Access the story by clicking here.